tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bedell, Kevin" <KBed...@cmgi.com>
Subject RE: Nonroutable protocol between Apache and Tomcat?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 14:38:52 GMT
To my knowledge, Apache and Tomcat communicate using the "ajpv12"
proprietary protocol over TCP/IP - I can't imagine any way to change this.

It may be possible to handle using NetBEUI if you use the Microsoft Nbt
protocol that encapsulates TCP/IP over NetBEUI. This would have to be
handled in the network setup on your NT box - the Apache configuration would
not be impacted - it would still be the default TCPIP settings.

Switch to TCP/IP - no reason to use NetBEUI! It locks you into MS networking
only!