tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dorchain Marc <m.dorch...@syborg.de>
Subject RE: Local administrative rights to start Tomcat 3.2 beta2?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:30:54 GMT
Some things you can do (it probably is a problem with the classpath):

- check if all of your used .jar's are listed in your classpath. Tomcat 3.2
uses an other method in the tomcat.bat than Tomcat 3.1 did, so there could
be differences. You can start Tomcat 3.1 in the same way ( usage of the run
command ) than you did with 3.2. So you can compare the classpath.
- change the directorys with spaces in your classpath to an other name or
put them into quotes "E.\path\..."
- Check if you really have the same classpath as normal user than as
administrator.
NT sets the classpaths user dependend, so if it works as admin, there could
be a difference too

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: S.Zeeh@vpms.de [mailto:S.Zeeh@vpms.de]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2000 15:24
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: AW: Local administrative rights to start Tomcat 3.2 beta2?

Hi Larry,

now I can read the error message.

My classpath is:

Using CLASSPATH:
e:\tomcat\classes;e:\tomcat\lib\ant.jar;e:\tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;e:\tomcat\l
ib\jaxp.jar;e:\tomcat\lib\parser.jar;e:\tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;e:\tomcat\lib
\webserver.jar;E:\IBM
Connectors\classes;E:\IBMVJava\eab\runtime30;E:\IBMVJava\eab\runtime20;E:\Pr
ogramme\Software AG\Bolero\classes\BOAfixes.jar;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\projects;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\classes\appserver.jar;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\classes;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\ReportTemplates;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\Classes\Bta.jar;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\Classes\BSA.jar;;C:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar

The error message is:

Connectors\classes;e:\IBMVJava\eab\runtime30;E:\IBMVJava\eab\runtime20;E:\Pr
ogramme\Software

It seems to be a problem with my classpath (maybe the blanks?).
But it works with Tomcat 3.1 and if I'm logged in as a local administrator.

If somebody, maybe you Larry, could help me?!?

Thank you,

Stephan