tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dorchain Marc <m.dorch...@syborg.de>
Subject AW: Local administrative rights to start Tomcat 3.2 beta2?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:16:49 GMT
Supposing you are using Windows NT, you shouldn't need administrative rights
to run Tomcat 3.2. I don't.

What you could do is to check if you have access rights for all of the files
or directories or maybe netwok drives you are using.
It looks like a problem of the environment of your OS, not a problem of
Tomcat or Java herself.

What is the error message?

Greetings,

Marc

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: S.Zeeh@vpms.de [mailto:S.Zeeh@vpms.de]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2000 13:13
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Local administrative rights to start Tomcat 3.2 beta2?

Hi,

why do I need local administrative rights to run Tomcat 3.2 beta2?
I didn't need them for Tomcat 3.1.

Tomcat 3.2 beta2 works fine, if I'm logged in as a local administrator, but
quits with an error message thrown from java.exe, if im logged in as a
"normal" user.

Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks,

Stephan