tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "O'Connor, Rory O" <roc47...@glaxowellcome.com>
Subject RE: JSP okay but Servlets not found
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:40:41 GMT
Nope.  Just to be sure of your idea about order of execution, I shut down
tomcat, started it back up (as root), went to my Netscape browser (4.5,
WinNT 4.0, SP 4), cleared its cache (both memory and disk), and clicked on
the "Execute" link for the date JSP, and got the same results I have posted
here previously (look for Error 500 in the subject).

Now what's really interesting is that I conducted a search for other Java
Web servers, and found one, LiteWebServer (LWS) at www.gefionsoftware.com,
that appears to have wrapped a few things of its own around tomcat (they
acknowledge its use, and include the Apache license).  LWS includes the same
JSP programs and a somewhat different set of servlets to show off some of
the LWS features.  The JSP's (and servlets) work fine!  So, something is not
quite right about this version/installation of Apache's tomcat vs. LWS's
tomcat. Maybe I'll check out the 3.2 beta...

Also, I haunted some bookstores last night browsing Java books for info
about Java web servers, and saw mention of a Solaris "package" form of the
downloadable, but it does not seem to be on the site now in either the
binaries or source - do you, or does anyone, know what the story is with
this?

TIA

--

Rory O'Connor