tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Mack <cm...@spcie.de>
Subject RE: out of memory error
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:43:59 GMT
Hi Luke

The VM from SUN has per default a memory limit of 64M Bytes.
So it doesn't use available memory above this.
AFAIK all VM implementations have such a limit.

If you want to use more, you have to explicitely set this limit higher.
For SUN VM 1.2.x or 1.3.x this is done via the commandline option -Xmx.
E.g.:
java -Xmx96m org.apache....
will start the VM with a limit of 96 MBytes.

Hope this helps.

Tschau
Christian