tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "MacLaren, Donald" <DMacLa...@cmgi.com>
Subject RE: How to run two Tomcat at the same time?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:14:01 GMT
If you look at the guide, I think that all you need to do is set up the
correct structure and just start up a new tomcat(in the startup.sh) with the
-f param pointing to the server.xml that will have a different numbered
ajp12 listed

$BASEDIR/tomcat.sh start -f
/usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-staging1/server1.xml \
		>>$TOMCAT_HOME/logs/startup.log 2>&1
$BASEDIR/tomcat.sh start -f
/usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-staging2/server2.xml \

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Ruby [mailto:steve@rubysolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 1:14 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to run two Tomcat at the same time?

Cedric Talon wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     I need to have two different Tomcat running on the same local
> network.
>     How can I do ?
>     Of course when I try to start the second one,  I can't because
> I think the socket port is already busy (8080) or the first one is
> stopped.
>
>     How can I specify a different socket port for the second Tomcat ?
>
>     Thx.
>
>     Cedric

Edit server.xml file in the second copy to change the port of
both http and ajp12 (defaults are 8080 and 8007, make them
8081 and 8017 or something.)

What you mean is you want two copies running on the same machine,
running two copies on the same local network would not
cause you any problems or require any changes.