tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ed Yu <e...@asgnet.psc.sc.edu>
Subject RE: Database Connectivity, JDBC2 and Tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:30:06 GMT
You can use the session object to cache the JDBC connection throughout your
JSPs and Servlets. This way you are connected once and can reuse the
connection. Also you can close the connection on session expiration. Well,
about the JDBC pooling, that is totally depends on the implementation of the
JDBC driver.