tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven.S...@savillemail.com
Subject Re: Tomcat "Sudden Death"
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 05:49:43 GMT

I get this too. With Jakarta-Tomcat 3.1 on HP-UX with java 1.2. I've also seen
it on AIX.

What version/platform(s) are you using?

joseph@figtree.com.sg on 29/07/2000 06:20:30

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; Please respond to
      joseph@figtree.com.sg

 To:      tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

 cc:      (bcc: Steven Shaw/Net)

 Subject: Tomcat "Sudden Death"

Hi,

I have this peculiar problem:

My tomcat seems to die by itself. I started Tomcat, test run and it was running
fine. I check the process "ps -ef" and the tomcat process is there. Fine.

I leave it alone, an hour or so, I tried to test the site to see if the Tomcat
is running, it cannot. It gives me "Internal Server Error".

I run "ps -ef" and I see no tomcat process at all.

What causes its "sudden death"? Is there a timeout that I need to address to?

--
Best regards,
Joseph Then