tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cott Lang <>
Subject RE: performance of servlet engine
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:06:09 GMT
At 02:18 PM 7/11/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Do you have any of this information posted on a website or doc?

Sorry, no... it was a very informal test. I should've documented it
like I normally do, but ...

The results were something like Jserv doing 14 pages/second and
Tomcat doing 12.5.  This was repeatable on an Ultra 5 333mhz w/
JDK 1.3. It's an extremely database / parsing heavy page - which
scares me,  because the servlet engine shouldn't be much of a
factor.  In fact, testing a few other servlet engines against Jserv
(Resin was one I remember looking at) - I never saw ANY significant
performance difference.

View raw message