tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Weinberger <...@digitalsmiths.com>
Subject Installation Question
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 17:13:50 GMT
Hi~
I'm running a Unix/Linux box and have installed Tomcat.  I'm now setting up
the variables and paths... I setup the environment variable for
TOMCAT_HOME.  Now, I just need to "Set the environment variable JAVA_HOME
to point to the root directory of your JDK hierarchy, then add the Java
interpreter to your PATH environment variable."  However, I don't quite
understand what that all means or what I would need to type... can someone
tell me exactly what I need to type in... or help me to figure out what to
type?

Thanks,
-Ben