tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Kolb" <...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Re: Custom Tag error?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 14:43:40 GMT
At 02:11 PM 7/3/00, you wrote:
>I actually copied this file and tried it, and I'm still getting
>an error similar to Isiah's:
>
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary /tags/clip.tld
>: Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: Element type "taglib" is not
>declared.
>
>Can anyone explain why this is happening? I assume that
>normally that revised web.xml file should work, but it's not...
>I've been struggling with this problem for several days now.

As Isaiah suggested, I think you need the other new files, in particular
the new TLD. Also, I'm not sure where this reference to "clip.tld" is
coming from -- its not part of the source code with from the book. Have you
added a second tag library? If that's the case, then you need to add the
appropriate entries for this second library to your web.xml file...

- Mark Kolb