tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mason Jones <ma...@clipshow.com>
Subject Re: Custom Tag error?
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 20:49:06 GMT

At 09:43 AM 7/4/00 -0500, Mark Kolb wrote:

>As Isaiah suggested, I think you need the other new files, in particular
>the new TLD. Also, I'm not sure where this reference to "clip.tld" is
>coming from -- its not part of the source code with from the book. Have you
>added a second tag library? If that's the case, then you need to add the
>appropriate entries for this second library to your web.xml file...

I had added the appropriate entries for the library, but it turns out
that this was partially a stupid error of my own, which was that
the URI in the HTML had ".tld" on the end for some reason (bad cut
and paste, I think), which I didn't notice.

However, I must say that although this was my mistake, the error
message from Tomcat was extraordinarily unhelpful and misleading.
But it works now, so...

Thanks for your help!

  Mason Jones              mason(at)clipshow.com
  Director of Software Development
  ClipShow, Inc.            www.clipshow.com
  (650) 696-3164           fax (650) 696-3267