tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mason Jones <>
Subject Re: Custom Tag error?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 19:11:32 GMT
At 09:42 AM 6/29/00 -0500, Mark A. Kolb wrote:
>At 01:51 PM 6/29/00 +0800, Isiah Lau wrote:
>>Sorry to let you know the problem still exists.  Do you know what does the
>>following sentence mean?
>> >Error in the tag library descriptor: Element "web-app" does not allow
>>"servlet" here.<
>This is a result of the tags in the web.xml file not being in the right
>order for compliance with the DTD. There's a new version of our source code
>distribution, with a revised web.xml file, at

I actually copied this file and tried it, and I'm still getting
an error similar to Isiah's:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary /tags/clip.tld
: Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: Element type "taglib" is not

Can anyone explain why this is happening? I assume that
normally that revised web.xml file should work, but it's not...
I've been struggling with this problem for several days now.

  Mason Jones              mason(at)
  Director of Software Development
  ClipShow, Inc.
  (650) 696-3164           fax (650) 696-3267

View raw message