tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Struts : Action.xml
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:44:41 GMT
gbhalerao@ironmax.com wrote:

> I have a strange issue with struts.
> When I try to invoke my jsp in browser it direcly displays the success jsp
> and not the one which I want to invoke. Any Suggestions as to why it might
> be happening.
> My entry in Action.html looks something like this.
>
> <action path="/equipment" actionClass="com.max.actions.EquipmentAction"
> formAttribute="equipmentlistForm" formClass="
> com.max.forms.equipmentlistForm" inputForm="/selectequip.jsp"><forward name
> ="success" path="/success.jsp" />
> </action>

You probably want to ask a Struts-specific question like this on the
STRUTS-USER list :-)

It's difficult to answer this question because you didn't specify what
URI you
typed into your browser, and which one you expected back.  One thing to
remember (that often confuses people) is that using
RequestDispatcher.forward()
or <jsp:forward> does *NOT* update the "location" shown by the browser,
because
the browser had no idea what happened.

> Thanks
> Gauri