tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Ellman <rell...@shell9.ba.best.com>
Subject Can't get Tomcat to run
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:58:01 GMT
I have downloaded both the source and binary 3.1 versions of tomcat,
both give me the same
behavior in just trying to display the initial tomcat page when I hit
localhost:8080 from Netscape, it exits
with an "Interrupted System Call" has anyone seen this behavior before?

I'm running tomcat independently of Apache (I have downloaded and built
Apache, tested it, but I'm not
actively running it while trying to get tomcat to run).

I looked through the FAQs and didn't see anything like this, I also
looked at the code, but it seems to be OK.
I'm running on Redhat 6.1.

Any advice would be appreciated,

--Rob Ellman

---Stack trace from tomcat exit---
java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
shutdown due to exception: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system
call
java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8007]