tomcat-users mailing list archives

From charbel.keyr...@softsolutions.fr (SoftLiban KEYROUZ Charbel)
Subject How to use the <servlet> tag in web.xml?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:15:42 GMT
Hi all,
I have a simple question:
How can use the <servlet> tag in web.xml to pass the configuration file
(the configuration file holds the database name, username and password)
to  my ConnectionPool servlet  and afterwards once in the servlet how
can I read this configuration file.
If this is correct what is code I should use to read the configFile. I
know it has something to do with ServletConfig class but I have no clew
how to use it.  Are there some example you could point out to me?
<servlet>
 <load-on-startup>
            -2147483646
 </load-on-startup>
        <servlet-name>
            ConnectionPool
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            softsolutions.connection.pool.ConnectionPoolInit
 </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>configFile</param-name>
            <param-value>snaDbPool.prop</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>

Thank you in advance
Charbel Keyrouz.