tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Junghans <andreas.jungh...@isb-ka.de>
Subject Re: Slow POST?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:15:19 GMT
Hi there,

I'm refining my question from my previous post.

> When I access a JSP via GET, I get an immediate response. When the same
> page is requested via POST, there is random delay up to about 3 seconds
> (also when reloading the page, so it's not the time needed to compile
> the JSP). I wonder where this delay comes from? I don't think that any

The delay mentioned only occurs with Navigator (4.7) as client, not with
IE. I've browsed through the Tomcat sources and some servlet resources
on the net, and I found something about Navigator adding extra CR-LFs
after a POST request that are not allowed by HTTP. Could this be causing
the delay (maybe when reading from the ServletInputStream)? Has anybody
else experienced the same problem? Is this Tomcat specific?

> My configuration:
>
> Tomcat 3.1
> Apache 1.3.12 (Win32)
> Windows NT 4.0 SP5
> Netscape Navigator 4.7

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

--
Andreas Junghans
- Anwendungsentwickler -

ISB GmbH           Tel: +49 (0)721/82800-0
Karlstra├če 52-54   Fax: +49 (0)721/82800-82
76133 Karlsruhe    mailto:andreas.junghans@isb-ka.de
Germany            http://www.isb-ka.de