tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: Please Help - Tomcat Stopped working after being used for a week
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:09:49 GMT

Vinay Nath wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am getting a very strange problem.I installed tomcat a week ago and used
> it to run my servlets and JSP's.I even made my own contexts.
> But from yesterday tomcat is not working on my computer.
> I haven't changed any path in fact i was not using tomcat for the past two
> days.
> Getting fedup of all this i removed tomcat from my system and reinstalled
> it.
> Still i m getting the same error.
> I am using win95.I also tried to run it on NT4.0 but it gave the same error.
> I don't know wht has happened to my system.
> The error that i m getting is :

...... snip
> ar;c:\jakarta\tomcat\lib\xml.jar;c:\jswdk-1.0.1\webserver.jar;c:\jswdk-1.0.1
> \lib
> \servlet.jar;c:\jswdk-1.0.1\lib\jspengine.jar;c:\jswdk-1.0.1\lib\xml.jar
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org/apache/tomcat/service/http/HttpConnectionH
> andler
>         at java.lang.Class.forName(Compiled Code)
>         at

I had a similar problem that was due to version collision between JAR
files,
something must have changed in the paths that Tomcat finds JAR files
in.
In my case it was an old JSWDK Jar

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam