tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Princen <e...@bizblast.com>
Subject going from JServ to tomcat
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:27:10 GMT
OK, I'm sure this gets asked all the time. I have not found an archive,
so I'm going to ask it again. Sorry for the repetition.

I'm making the move from JServ to tomcat. I created my tomcat.conf file,
and it is included in my httpd.conf file. I can run the demo servlets
and jsps fine. No problem there. Everything starts up perfectly and runs
in it's default mode.

The problem comes in where I have my own servlet zones. There used to be
a jserv.properties file that said where the servlet zone property files
are. I made a tomcat.properties file and pointed to it in tomcat.conf.
It does not appear that tomcat wants to do things this way. I get no
errors, but I also don't get my servlet zones. I have not found any
documentation that talks about this, and as I said before, I'm sure it's
a fairly common problem. I have found little documentation on
configuring tomcat. Am I looking in the wrong places? I'm a pretty
bright guy, or at least that's what I'm told. I must be missing a
crucial piece of information.

-Eric ;-)

--
Eric Princen