tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Struts? RE: Error on Startup
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:54:39 GMT
"Rob S." wrote:

> > Exception in Thread "main"  java.lang.NoClassDefinitionFound:
> > javax/xml/parsers/ParserFactory
> >       at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:284)
>
> Checking jaxp.jar and parser.jar, this isn't anywhere.
>
> Maybe this has something to do specifically with Struts?  Re:
>
> >       at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:284)
>
> Anyone care to chime in?  The only place I see ParserFactory is:
>
> org.xml.sax.helpers.ParserFactory

As documented in the Struts documentation (see the README file in the top level
directory), Struts requires access to a JAXP-compatible XML parser in order to
read its configuration files.  One choice for this is the JAXP reference
implementation available at <http://java.sun.com/xml>; another choice is Xerces
from <http://xml.apache.org>.  The JAR files for your parser must be visible on
the system classpath used to start your servlet container, or they must be
copied into the WEB-INF/lib directory for the "struts-example" application.

> - r

Craig McClanahan