tomcat-users mailing list archives

From everett stauffer <ever...@chem.ucsd.edu>
Subject Re: IllegalStateException
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:22:12 GMT

Saw exactly this problem using Apache 1.3.12, Tomcat 3.1, JDK 1.3 on NT 4.0.
I was using the Xalan package and this error came up when I called process().

Turned out the Xalan (XSLT) processor couldn't find a java extension class
and wanted to write out an error.

<RAMPANT-SPECULATION>
Somewhere in the process I think it was trying to grab the nearest equivalent
to System.out, got the Response object and tried to getOutputStream() or some
such which causes this error to be thrown.
</RAMPANT-SPECULATION>

I discovered the solution (real error) by using a different platform (Linux)
which showed the real errors on the console.

Everett