tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Kientzle <kient...@acm.org>
Subject Re: JSP okay but Servlets not found
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:54:48 GMT
JRun is a servlet engine currently owned by Allaire.  It's a commercial
product, although they do have a free development version.  (Which
is only slightly crippled; it limits the number of simultaneous
requests.)

http://www.allaire.com/

Oddly enough, I never was able to get JRun's servlet reloading to work
correctly (I could get it to reload the servlet class, but if I
changed any class other than the top-level servlet class, it wouldn't
reload),
but Tomcat's reloading has worked for me just fine.  I suspect it may
have more to do with which one you try first.  ;-)

					- Tim

"O'Connor, Rory O" wrote:

> What and where is "Jrun"?  I've about had it with Tomcat's quirks, too (I
> have the opposite problem from Mason Jones - I can run the servlets OK, but
> not the JSP's - this stuff is obviously not ready for prime time yet :-{  )
>
> TIA
>

> --
>
> Rory O'Connor
> Internet Management Services