tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Apache cooperating w/ Tomcat problem
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:15:10 GMT
"Ibrahim Haddad (LMC)" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have Apache 1.3.12 serving on port 80. I also have Tomcat 3.1
> serving on port 8080. I would like to set Apache to cooperate
> with Tomcat. So I followed the instruction in the "Tomcat
> Minimalistic User's Guide".
>
> I included $tomcathome/conf/tomcat-apache.conf in Apache's httpd.conf.
> I restart Tomcat (it works ok on port 8080). I restart Apache (works
> ok on port 80). I try to access servername:8007 but the browser keeps
> stalling and on the shell prompt I get:

You should not be referring to port 8007 directly from your browser.  That port is used only
to communicate between Apache and Tomcat, and it does not use the HTTP protocol.

Instead, use a port 80 URI that references one of the URIs that is being forwarded to Tomcat.
 For example, if you used the standard Tomcat configuration you should be able to request:

    http://servername/examples/jsp

and get the index page for the JSP examples, and then execute the JSP pages from there, while
going through Apache.

Craig McClanahan