tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Servlet reloading once more
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:31:52 GMT
Matthew Lyons wrote:

> > Set reloadable to true for that context in the server.xml file
>
> It looks like he has already done this.
>
> > >         <Context path="/sis" docBase="webapps/sis" debug="0"
> > > reloadable="true" >
>
> So have I and I can't get the classes to autoreload either. Is it something
> to do with the way TomCat is started? In my case JBuilder is starting
> TomCat. It includes the project classes in the classpath. Does TomCat
> autoreload classes in the classpath?

No.  Auto-reloading (to the extent that it works -- there are bugs if
you have
more than one servlet running) can only reload classes that it loaded
from
WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib/*.jar in your web application.  You will
need to
make sure that JBuilder stores the servlet classes in one of these
places.

Craig McClanahan