tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Manie Coetzee <man...@hemtech.co.za>
Subject Tomcat mount points
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:03:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a couple of problems that I do not quite understand.
I am developing two web apps with tomcat
as my servlet engine and apache as the web server.
Each context (web app) is run in two different virtual
machines and the ajpv connectors url is set to
port 8007 and 8009 respectively.  First of all,
the stuff is working fine but it is the little
details that bites me in the arse.

a) In httpd.conf you can specify access rights, etc but how
   do you specify access rights for a ApjServ mount point.
   I tried the Location directive but it does not work so
   well.
b) How can you specify that the actual mount point must
   not be root but the jsp sub directory in your web app.
   I use the following two mount point directives:

      ApjServMount /ritevalu ajpv12://localhost/root
      ApjServMount /feature ajpv12://localhost/root

   When I type localhost/ritevalu I want it to go
   to ...webapps/ritevalu/jsp or ...webapps/ritevalu/jsp/Login.jsp.
   Currently it goes to the ...webapps/ritevalu location.  It works,
   but I have to have a index.html file there with a link
   to ../jsp/Login.jsp.

If anybody can help I will be eternally gratefull

Regards
Manie Coetzee