tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Tang" <>
Subject newline after POST data?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:09:10 GMT
Hi folks.

I'm writing an application which sends POST data to the server.  The
client sometimes does not send the trailing newline after the POST
data:  For example, the request may look like this

     GET /cgi-bin/test HTTP/1.0

Tomcat does not get ANY of the post data (e.g. looking through the
HttpServletRequest parameter in a servlet does not show the "data_cmd"
or "x" parameter at all.

Is this a known bug?  I am currently using the binary distribution of
Tomcat-3.1  (However, I'm in the process of building the latest version
from the CVS repository, so hopefully I'll be able to provide better
information at some point.)

Thanks very much.

View raw message