tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jog dial <postmas...@bill.co.uk>
Subject Nearly have JDBC working I think...
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 11:39:09 GMT
Hi,

The ongoing story.. I've got

RedHat Linux 6.2 x86
Apache 1.3.9
Tomcat
and now finally FreeTDS JDBC driver.

I think it's pretty nearly working, but...
when I load up

Classs.forName("com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver")
which is the name it says to use with the FreeTDS driver
I get a failure with the
 Root cause:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unable to load class
com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver

The FreeTDS jdbc driver I downloaded was in the form
of a jar file which I put in /user/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF
but it seems to me that I have to specify to use this jar file
somewhere?
Needs to be in my classpath perhaps?  But as my web server runs
as nobody, not sure the environment would work.. anyway... if anyone
could tell me if I need to specify the JAR file anywhere.. thanks
Bill