tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Drew Davidson <D...@n-ary.com>
Subject RE: Apache Authorization w/Tomcat URGENT!!!
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:16:04 GMT
I think you need to put the details in the httpd.conf file. This is
where we keep ours.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Cox [mailto:johnedwardcox@yahoo.com]
Sent: 18 July 2000 16:54
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Apache Authorization w/Tomcat URGENT!!!

I urgently need a solution for this:

I've got a webapp under an apache alias:

Alias /mycontext d:\tomcat\webapps\mycontext

I need apache to enforce basic authorization for
the *alias* :

<Location /mycontext>
AuthType Basic
AuthName Development_Servlets
AuthUserFile d:\apachepath\apache\users\pwd
require valid_user
</Location>

but apache fails to start up no matter where I put
this directive; after
my tomcat.conf include, in the tomcat.conf itself --
everywhere I try.

*Please* any help would be gratefully received...

JC