tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Fox" <da...@smarttalk.com>
Subject Automatic addition of /mycontext/WEB-INF/classes to classpath?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:22:49 GMT
System: NT4 sp6, Tomcat 3.1, Apache 1.3.12

Problem: We have several '.properties' files that I have placed in
/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes but my servlets can't seem to find them.
However, if I manually add this directory to the classpath (before starting
Tomcat) they will then be found.

So, the following doesn't seem to be working for me.

According to AppDev (distributed with Tomcat):

"WEB-INF/classes/ - This directory contains any Java class files (and
associated resources) required for your application, including both servlet
and non-servlet
     classes, that are not combined into JAR files."

"When you install an application into Tomcat (or any other 2.2-compatible
server), the classes in the WEB-INF/classes/ directory, as well as all
classes in JAR files
found in the WEB-INF/lib/ directory, are added to the class path for your
particular web application."

(Sorry if this has been addressed.  I just searched the list archive and
couldn't find the answer.)

Thanks in advance.
Dave