tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aleksey Tsalolikhin <>
Subject Apache getting confused by encoded jsessionid's (404 Not Found)
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:18:56 GMT
Hi.  We have some code that's generating a redirect, with the
jsessionid encoded in the URL if cookies are turned off.

    response.setHeader("Location", response.encodeRedirectURL("nextpage.jsp"));

The redirect is generated just fine, but Apache takes the
;jsessionid=XXX literally, as part of the file name, which results
in 404 Not Found:

[Tue Jul 25 11:49:22 2000] [error] [client] File does not
exist: /www/htdocs/beta3/nextpage.jsp;jsessionid=cphu2pu551

Is there something I need to do to Apache to have it pass these
requests to Tomcat, with the jsessionid?

Thanks in advance,

View raw message