tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bkric...@unity.ncsu.edu
Subject Re: jsp delay
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2000 02:44:02 GMT
that's simple, the page is compiling the first time you hit it. Try
reloading you will notice it is much faster the second time.

brian

Thomas wrote:

> (BTW, I'm a tomcat newbie)
>
> In trying out the example jsp pages, I'm noticing a delay of 9-16 secs for a
> jsp page to be served from the standalone tomcat server (port 8080) whereas
> html pages are almost instantaneous.
>
> Is my setup wrong?  Is there something I can do to make it run faster?
>
> - Thos

Brian Richards                     3221 Melrose Club Blvd
IBM Co-Op: Software Developer      Apt 623
ACM Secretary '98-'00              Raleigh, NC 27603
bkrichar@eos.ncsu.edu              Home: 919.835.1105