tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Cox <johnedward...@yahoo.com>
Subject (Another) jsp question (SEMI-URGENT)
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:53:18 GMT
I've been experimenting a bit found some new
problems:

<snip: see "jsp question">

> In tomcat.conf I've got:
>
> <LocationMatch /mysecurecont/*.jsp>
>     SetHandler jserv-servlet
> </LocationMatch>
>
> What else do I have to do to get jsp working through
> the secure context?

If I go to one of my jsp pages on port 8080, eg

127.0.0.1:8080/mysecureconf/newdetails.jsp

Apache asks for username:password but then the
jsp gives back error 500 and two stack traces:

javax.servlet.ServletException:
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException
at....
Root cause:
java.lang.NullPointerException:
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.getServletName
at....

Shouldn't there be a default name for the servlet?
I've provided a name in web.xml but I thought the
servlet container is required to provide at least the
class name so there should be an NPE

Another problem (hopefully the last...) The redirect
from this servlet is to a static page served by Apache
under htdocs.  Will this work?  At the moment, the
request is timed out making me think that Tomcat is
trying to serve this page itself.  How do I get Tomcat
to return control to Apache?

JC