tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Mangewala <>
Subject Apache and Tomcat (server.xml and tomcat.conf help needed)
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:38:29 GMT
I've installed Apache 1.3.12 and Tomcat.
Both are working (If I go to I can run
the example .jsp).

I need help configuring a tomcat.conf and server.xml that will let me
do the following (I've tried, but I'm gonna end out pulling all
of my hair out):

I want one directory structure for the developers to be able
to put both html and .jsp files to be processed (and I want
apache to prcocess the html and tomcat to process .jsp files

Let's say I want this dir to be "/usr/local/apache/htdocs".

I also want any subdirectories (with their own subdirectories)

ie. /usr/local/apache/htdocs/dirA

to be able to have both html and .jsp files and have
apache process html in any of the dir (dirA,dirB,dirC) as well
as tomcat process .jsp and any of the dir.  Nothing else.

The docs talk about making a "web application", and a "context path",
but really I just want a simple directory structure where html and
.jsp are served.  Do I need a "context path"?  I don't think I want
a "Web Application Archive", but just a simple configuration.

What would really help me would be a tomcat.cont and server.xml
that would work for the above example...I'll send a virtual
six pack to anyone who can help?

Thank a lot,

Jeff Mangewala

P.S. I also want /usr/local/apache/htdocs/dirA/default.jsp to run if someone types
     "" into their web browser (for all dirs).  Can
     someone tell me how to do this?

View raw message