tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Sudell <asud...@Op.Net>
Subject Re: Tomcat on FreeBSD
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:38:01 GMT
"Retze Santos"

> At 07:27 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >"Retze Santos"
> > >
> > > Has anyone installed Tomcat on FreeBSD?  If so, how did you set it up?
> > >

> >I've been running Tomcat on my BSD box.  Don't get enough time to play
> > ..
> >
> >What exactly doesn't work?  Any errors/logs/etc?
> >--
> >     Drew Sudell        asudell@acm.org         http://www.op.net/~asudell
>

> 7/17/00
>
> When I try to build, it gives me an error of "Unable to initialize threads:
> cannot find class java/lang/Thread ".

My best guess is to try adding $JAVA_HOME/lib/classes.zip to your
CLASSPATH.

If you look at build.sh, it runs java -classpath blah
where blah is what Tomcat needs plus your CLASSPATH.

But if you look at $JAVA_HOME/bin/java, you'll see that it appends
classes.zip to CLASSPATH.  But the jvm is about to ignore that,
since it's being invoked with -classpath.

--
    Drew Sudell        asudell@acm.org         http://www.op.net/~asudell