tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lucas Ludvig" <jojw...@hotmail.com>
Subject An odd classpath question
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:04:51 GMT
Hello!

I am having an odd classpath problem.  A jar in a lib folder isn't being
found, but other jars in the same folder are being found.  The lib folder in
question is not the one at TOMCAT_HOME/lib, but it is the lib folder in my
specific webapps branch (TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/crawler/WEB-INF/lib with
crawler being the name of my specific branch).

I have gone under the assumption that any jars put in this lib folder will
be included in the classpath.  Is it more complicated than this?  There
aren't any other jars with the same name in the classpath.   I do have
around 20 to 30 jars in this lib folder... could the number of jars be the
problem?

I have noticed when I shutdown or startup Tomcat that it displays the
classpath in the terminal including the classpath in the user's profile as
well as any jars in the TOMCAT_HOME/lib folder, but not the jars in the
specific branches lib folders.  Why is this?  Is there a way to view the
jars included in the classpath that are in the specific branch lib folders?

Thanks much for any help.

Luke
WestGroup.com