tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Angel <chmikean...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [Tomcat Installation Help]
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:53:11 GMT
It might sound strange, did you try to use jdk1.3 instead?  I remember the
first time I install tomcat on win98 using jdk1.3, it works right away.  My
configuration is JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3, TOMCAT_HOME=H:\tomcat,
CLASSPATH=C:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar (but what I remember).  However, the second
time when I try to install tomcat in another win98 machine, I couldn't get it
to work at all.  That machine uses jdk1.2.2...  I eventually give up and
install tomcat on an NT4 machine with jdk1.3, it works right away...  I should
have tried to use jdk1.3 on the second machine, too.  However, I don't have
access to that machine anymore.

Hoi

"Doshi, Gunjan" <gunjan_doshi@merck.com> wrote:
> 		 Friends:
>                          Greetings to all.
>                          I tested Tomcat 3.1 on Windows NT. It works great.
>                          But our developers use Windows 98 laptops with
> JDK1.2.2. So I have been trying to get Tomcat 3.1 working on Windows 98.
But