tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander V. Konstantinou" <akons...@cs.columbia.edu>
Subject tomcat security properties
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:37:29 GMT
Hello,

I've downloaded and installed Jakarta-tomcat version 3.1.

After installation, I tried to modify the security settings in
the conf/tomcat.properties file.  In particular, I need to restrict
host access using the security.allowedAddresses property.

Alas, so far I have been unable to get Tomcat to read these
properties.  Any changes I make, do not seem to have any effect
(after restarting the server).

I did a grep for "allowedAddresses" in all the source files
and did not find where this property was being used.

I could not find any discussion in the FAQ or manuals either.

Your help will be appreciated,

Alexander V. Konstantinou