tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arvind Maheshwari <arvindmaheshw...@usa.net>
Subject problem in starting
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 03:54:30 GMT
Hello users,

I am facing some problem in installing Tomcat in RHlinux 6.1, i am using
Apache 1.3.9 and jdk1.2.2 .

I installed apache with DSO support, i copied the source of Tomacat in
/usr/local/. i had also declare the path for Tomcat and jdk1.2.2.
But when i run startup.sh from Tomacat/bin.
It gives me "BindException error", "port already in use".
I am not getting this error, as my no application is using this port, i tried
with port 20000 also, then also it given me same error, i changed the port in
tomcat.conf file.

If u can send the installation steps, it will be great.

Thanking u.

Arvind