tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <>
Subject Re: HELP: Stack trace in browser - how?
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 13:50:03 GMT
I'm not sure where they were disabled either, but I know it was done
for security reasons.  Stack traces reveal information about your
internal config that may be exploitable.  Instead, you need to check
the logs.

Personally, I think this should be an option -- it's really convenient
to see errors on the page, and as long as you can disable it for a
live site -- but I haven't felt strongly enough about it to write a
patch :-)

 - Alex

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 01:28:55PM -0700, Rob S. wrote:
> Hi all,
> FAQ-o-matic is down =(  Since moving from 3.1 -> 3.2dev, I've lost stack
> traces in the browser.  I couldn't see where this was en/disabled.  Any
> tips?
> - r

Alex Chaffee
jGuru - Java News and FAQs