tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: HELP: Stack trace in browser - how?
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 13:50:03 GMT
I'm not sure where they were disabled either, but I know it was done
for security reasons.  Stack traces reveal information about your
internal config that may be exploitable.  Instead, you need to check
the logs.

Personally, I think this should be an option -- it's really convenient
to see errors on the page, and as long as you can disable it for a
live site -- but I haven't felt strongly enough about it to write a
patch :-)

 - Alex