tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Kimball <Ben_Kimb...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Tomcat JSP via reverse proxy?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 16:28:17 GMT
I have Tomcat running on Apache on an Intranet server. Everything works fine
via the Intranet. However, I have also set up a reverse proxy connection from
an Internet proxy server to get to the Apache server from the Internet.
Servlets work fine, but I get an error when trying to run a JSP via the
reverse proxy.

http://ooze.bloomnet.com/apache/examples/servlets/ - All these work fine via
the reverse proxy, but are pre-compiled (non-JSP) servlets.

http://ooze.bloomnet.com/apache/examples/jsp/ - These give me the following
error:

-------
500 Internal Server Error
com.livesoftware.jsp.JSPServlet:

javax.servlet.ServletException: The page
'/apache/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp' does not exist.
-------

Apparently Tomcat is getting confused by the addition of the '/apache'
directory added in by the reverse proxy. (The proxy is set so that anything
with /apache in the URL is reverse-proxied to the Intranet machine)

Any ideas on how to tell Tomcat that this is normal?

Thanks