tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Regele, Manfred" <Manfred.Reg...@Adig.de>
Subject Help with ANT Build: says to compile, but no *.class-files create d
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:20:25 GMT
Hi,

I want to build (compile) by app. ANT works fine, creating directories and
copying files to "deploy.home". But though
it seems to recognize my two java-sourcefiles in /src, I cannot find any
corresponding .class files, neither in the
build (".") nor in "deploy.home"

The output remains the same, even after editing the java-sourcefiles to
produce syntax errors.

Ants output (NT 4.0/Tomcat 3/JDK1.3)

D:\Daten\java\fond>java -Dtomcat.home=d:\Programme\jakarta-tomcat
org.apache.tools.ant.Main compile
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: D:\Daten\java\fond
The items attribute is deprecated. Please use the includes attribute.
The items attribute is deprecated. Please use the includes attribute.
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 2 source files to
D:\Programme\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\fond\WEB-INF\classes
Performing a Modern Compile
Completed in 0 seconds

excerpt from build.xml:

  <target name="compile" depends="prepare" init="init">
    <javac srcdir="src" destdir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
           classpath="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
           debug="on" optimize="off" deprecation="off"/>
  </target>

Manfred Regele
ADIG Investment GmbH
22 Methoden&Tools