tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Xander Heemskerk" <xheem...@factotum.nl>
Subject Re: Problem with Tomcat
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:24:38 GMT
George,

We having simular problems with a simular configuration (Solaris 2.6).
We haven't solved it yet but think it depends on:
1) Which JDBC driver thin or OCI. thin could be better.
or
2) Min and Max setting of your JVM heap. Set min is max to prevent garbage collection problems
Goodluck
Let me know how you are faring.
Greeting and regards
Xander Heemskerk

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: George Cheng
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 11:27 AM
  Subject: Problem with Tomcat

  Dear Sirs,

  I am having some problems with my Tomcat.  I don't know if anyone can help me to solve the
problem.

  Platform/OS:  Sun Solaris 7.0
  Web server:    Apache
  DB:                Oracle
  Java:            Java1.2
  Tomcat:        3.1

  Problem:
  My Java Servlets run fine.  but than, after a while the servlets failed to display anything
on the browser and a blank, white screen was displayed.  The servlets resumed their normal
function after Tomcat was retsarted.  Log files are attached for your reference.

  Your help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

  Thanks & Regards,

  George Cheng
  Tel: (852) 2189 7839
  Fax: (852) 2189 7811