tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Knaack" <dkna...@rdtech.com>
Subject Strange behavior with virtual hosts?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:32:44 GMT
Greetings,

I have Jakarta-Tomcat installed on a RH6.2 box, and
it is giving me some trouble.

Normally I can get back jsp files using a URL like:

http://www.sample.com/test2.jsp

Where the domain is a virtual host on my server (with
its own IP).

Now when I make that request, I get an error:

JSP file "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/ROOT/test2.jsp (No such file or
directory)" not found

The path is not where I want the files for that domain.
I want them in /home/webmaster/sample.com/

The tomcat-apache.conf file appears to hold that setting, but
that file is overwritten when the startup.sh script runs.

So, my questions are, Why is it looking for that path?
How to I tell it to look in a different path?

Thanks
DK