tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Go" <ch...@msmedia.com>
Subject Re: Include not passing parameters?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 01:33:56 GMT
You should send the param as a separate line.

<jsp:include page="inc_stage.jsp" flush="true">
    <jsp:param name="stage" value="1" />
</jsp:include>

Hope this works.

Chris

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Shevland" <shevlandj@kpi.com.au>
To: "List, Tomcat User" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 6:00 PM
Subject: Include not passing parameters?

I'm using the @include directive (Apache 1.3.12/SSL/Tomcat 3.1) to include
another JSP file in an index page I'm using:

<%@ include file="inc_stage.jsp?stage=1" %>

so I can increment a stage counter from page to page.

If I view 'inc_stage.jsp?stage=1' directly in my browser everything is fine,
however when the above tag is embedded in another JSP that is called, the
parameter 'stage' is not getting passed through. This (I believe) worked
under JServ, can anyone see anything I'm doing wrong? I tried
<jsp:include...> but that won't get translated which is what I'm after.

Cheers,
Joe