tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Knaack" <dkna...@rdtech.com>
Subject Documentation on virtual hosting?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:09:49 GMT
Greetings,

I am attempting to make tomcat work with my virtual hosting setup.  I have
several virtual hosts on a RH linux machine, each on a seperate IP address.
The document root for each site is stored in "/home/webmaster/dom.com" where
"dom.com" is the domain name.  The 'real' website uses the same structure.

I don't want any non-tomcat related files installed in the
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/ structure.  All JSP and java related files for
any site should be completely contained somewhere under the document root
directory for the domain to which they belong.

All the sites are seperate and should not interact with other sites.

I do not want a port number to appear anywhere in requested URLs.

Do I need to run multiple instances of Tomcat?  If so, how do I launch and
configure each instance?

What configuration changes do I have to make to get tomcat to look only in
the /home/webmaster/dom.com directory for files for the dom.com site?

Thanks!
DK