tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rs...@vgalleries.com (Richard Sand)
Subject specific bean requirements?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 06:16:42 GMT
Hi all- my apologies if this is a FAQ- but unfortunately there isn't a FAQ
yet for this list (at least according to the list...).  I am trying to run a
JSP/Servlet site that was developed on Jrun.  The JSP pages make use of a
number of beans, but using Tomcat I cannot seem to view any bean properties.
I get error messages of the form:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find any information on property
'AllDirectoriesCheckBox' in a bean of type 'ipa.browse.DirectoryBean'

Is Tomcat looking for a more formal compliance to a bean specification that
insists on some type of information about each property?  Unfortunately,
I've seen no example of this in any JSP/Servlet book so I'm a bit stymied on
how to proceed.   Can anyone tell me what type of information Tomcat is
expecting, and from where? All of these classes worked fine under Jrun and
under IBM Websphere.  I also tried a couple of different beans, same type of
message, and I also recompiled all of my class files on the new server.

I'm using Solaris 8 (sparc), Apache 1.3.9 and Tomcat 3.1, JDK 1.1.8

Thanks for any help!

-Richard