tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Torgeir Veimo" ...@sevenmountains.no>
Subject autentication config
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:37:15 GMT
I'm trying out tomcat (standalone) with the IBM WebSphere DAV for Java servlet, and I'm getting
Unauthorized (401) when doing a HTTPDAV LOCK request (saving a file with Word).

For example, a PROPFIND works ok;

PROPFIND /dav/
translate: f
depth: 1
host: localhost:8080
content-type: text/xml
accept-language: no, en-us;q=0.5
connection: Keep-Alive
content-length: 380
user-agent: Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider DAV 1.1

property request entity:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<propfind xmlns="DAV:">
<prop>

... etc....

Doing a LOCK results in this;

LOCK /dav/test.doc
translate: f
host: localhost:8080
accept-language: no, en-us;q=0.5
connection: Keep-Alive
content-length: 157
user-agent: Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider DAV 1.1
timeout: Second-120

server statusCode = Unauthorized(401)

And word then tries to authenticate, but to no avail.

My question is, since I don't get to the "property request entity" which is displayed by the
servlet, the method is disallowed by tomcat itself? I guess this is either because the LOK
method is not allowed by default or that I have to deal with authentiation in tomcat itself?

Any hints appreciated..

--
-Torgeir