tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Diethelm Guallar, Gonzalo" <Gonzalo.Dieth...@sonda.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and username/password
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 15:57:34 GMT
> Hi,

Hello,

> you can use your web-server authentication mechanism

Do you have an example? I'm using IIS on NT4.

> or the mechanism
> described in web-applications (partially implemented in
> Tomcat 3.1)

Do you have an example? What exactly does "partially" mean?

> or you
> can do it yourself. The latter is described in the
> "Autentifizierung" example on
>
> http://shannon.informatik.fh-wiesbaden.de/buch/skripte.jsp

Got it, it is showing the user/password dialog on the browser.
The big question: where do I specify the valid user/password
combinations? I tried setting the REALM to "tomcat", and
using the combinations specified in tomcat-users.xml, but
none of them work.

> volker turau

Thanks for your help,

--