tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Semprebon" <sempre...@eqsystems.com>
Subject jsp works but not servlets
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:00:48 GMT
I'm having a problem trying to access tomcat through apache. The example jsps work fine, but
when I enter the URL for a servlet, I get a 404 error from apache. If, however, I try and
access the servlet through tomcat's http port (8080), it works fine. I'm thinking the problem
is in tomcat-apache.conf generated by tomcat. The revelevent section reads:

Alias /examples /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples
<Directory "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Now I notice that (following the minimalist example in the user guide) if I replace all this
with:

ApJServMount /examples /root

which sends all resource requests starting with /examples to tomcat, servlets work ok. If
I want the static files to be served by Apache, what do I need to do? I tried replacing the
above ApJServMount line with a configuration along the lines of that shown in the user's guide,
but no luck. Any ideas?

-------
Andrew Semprebon
EQ Systems Inc. - Internet Applications Development
semprebon@eqsystems.com   http://www.eqsystems.com/