tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed" ...@jsq.co.uk>
Subject Re: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 15:08:03 GMT
Ok, I've read your original problem again and I need a bit more clarification.
Where exactly are you typing in this URL to the ajpv12?  If you are in fact typing the ajpv12://localhost
directly into the netscape URL thingy then it will completely fail as it is not a standard
internet protocol like http, ftp or gopher.  This ajpv12 thing should only appear inside your
configuration script(s).  The tomcat-apache.conf file *can* contain this protocol specifier
if you are attempting to connect to a tomcat server other than the one that is on the local
host (or using a different port).  Normally the default tomcat-apache.conf file that should
be included in the main http.conf will work (apart from checking the that the location to
the mod_jserv library is correct).

Personally, I installed apache 3.1.12, tomcat, tomcat source and apache development packages
onto my RedHat 6.2 box.  After compiling the mod_jserv.so with apxs (instructions in the user
guide), copying the tomcat-apache.conf into /etc/httpd/conf directory, including it in the
http.conf file, altering tomcat-apache.conf so that it had the correct path to mod_jserv.so
and finally starting up the servers it just ran fine.  I modified nothing else.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Maurizio Calcara
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 11:23 AM
  Subject: Re: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM

  Unfortunately I try to talk *only* with the server (by using ajpv12://localhost) but Netscape
seems  to try to use the http protocol to locate the server and it says   again:  "Netscape
is unable to locate the server ajpv12:.".
  Is there any setting has to be made into the "http.conf" file (apart the "include tomcat-apache.conf")
.
  Thanks.
  Ed wrote:

    You should not be trying to directly communicate to the 8007 port at all.  Stop it.  You
talk to the web-server then *it* talks to the 8007 port.  It is supposed to be transaparent.